Monday, November 10, 2014

How to start a weekly pampering hour





As we come up on the colder months it can be so comforting to just hunker down and stay indoors. Though I do get rammy from time to time, I generally like the idea of staying home!

One practice I try to institute on a weekly basis is some pampering time. Two things I love about my pampering hour are that I don't have to leave the house and it doesn't cost me anything.

I firmly believe that all busy moms should set aside about an hour per week to pamper themselves! 


Here's what I like to do:



Draw a hot bath filled with either pretty smelling bubbles or Epsom salts. Half a cup of milk & one quarter cup of honey also works well and is super soothing for dry skin!


Read a book/magazine, turn on some relaxing music or listen to a motivational sermon or podcast.


Wash with favorite products. Use a sugar or salt scrub when necessary.


Pat dry with a towel and apply body cream on problem areas like feet, elbows and legs.


Get dressed in comfortable yet presentable clothes- something that makes you feel good! A light smelling body mist adds a nice, feminine touch.


Apply facial cleanser and moisturizer.


Follow up with whatever hygienic items necessary. I like to use deodorant powder, a simple powder foundation and creamy lip gloss.


Brush hair and style as necessary. Or don't. It's up to you!  ;)


Trim and polish nails. Sometimes I just use this time to remove old polish and apply a coat of nail strengthener.

Pictured above are some of my favorite products:

  • Nature's Gate Chamomile shampoo for color treated hair
  • Burt's Bees clarifying toner
  • Nature's Gate Lemon Verbana oil-free moisturizer
  • Nivea Vanilla & Macadamia Kiss lip butter
  • Bare Minerals powder foundation in fairly light
  • Honey Bee Gardens deodorant powder
  • Ulta Tropical Citrus body cream
  • Ulta Mandarin Mint sugar scrub
  • Avon Ginger Scents body spray
  • Dollar General green nail polish remover (the green color works so much better than the pink and purple!)

No comments:

Post a Comment