Monday, November 24, 2014

How to feed your family without even trying!

As I alluded in recent Facebook update, last week was a little bit crazy for our family. We had a grandparent pass and a funeral to attend. We were overall distracted and sad (naturally)! So, no posts were written, very little make-up was worn and cooking was quite sparse!

I truly enjoy cooking and try to create healthy meals for my family, but, hey, this is real life and sometimes life throws you curve balls. With our dietary restrictions, meal planning curve balls can be HARD. So, anyway, I just wanted to give you all a little glimpse of a real life, unplanned dinner at my house! And, in all honesty, it really isn't that horrible. There still are many healthy-ish options out there, even when you need something quick and even when you have a limited diet. So, without further ado, here's what we ate one random night last week (with step-by-step instructions):


Step One:
Prepare paper products in whatever space is available in your messy kitchen. For me, it was on top of my [dirty] stove. 


Step Two:
Vegetables are important. Boxed lettuce and toppings from the salad bar = easy veg.


 Step Three:
Where would a meal be without a main course? Tonight's menu was hot dogs wrapped in tortillas. Fancy!


Step Four:
Last but not least, I rounded out the meal with a nice, healthy serving of potato [chips]! 

And guess what? Nobody cared. In fact we loved it. Felt like we were having an indoor picnic right smack-dab in the middle of November. 

Having a rough day? I hereby give you permission to put a big fat X over your menu plan for the day, and keep it simple. Wake up the next morning with better intentions and get back on the menu planning wagon. No. big. deal. 

No comments:

Post a Comment