Monday, September 2, 2013

Menu Plan Monday: September 2 - September 8

Having a menu plan has really helped me not stress about what we'll be eating each week. It is especially helpful to dispel the "we have nothing to eat in this house" myth. It also helps a sometimes indecisive person like myself because at the end of a busy, tiring day all I have to do is look at the menu board, and there it is. Dinner. Well, not actual dinner but a plan for dinner. Helpful. 

Monday:
Sausage sandwiches, slaw

Tuesday:
Leftover pork, sauerkraut & potatoes

Wednesday:
Tuna noodle salad  (never did make last week!)

Thursday:
Breakfast for dinner (pancakes, sausage, eggs & fruit)

Friday:
Frank fiesta
(A family favorite mixture of hot dogs, onions, tomato sauce, noodles and black beans, seasoned with chili powder. We make this healthier by using Applegate hot dogs, organic black beans & whole grain noodles.)

Saturday:
Homemade pizza

Sunday:
Steak, brown jasmine rice, roasted veggies

Lunches:
Split pea soup
Pressure cooker mac & cheese (I've got to share this recipe soon!)

Fun recipe we'll try:

I'm linked up with Organization Junkie's Menu Plan Monday!
You can also check out my previous meal plans here

1 comment:

  1. It's been very humid this weekend. Yuck. I'm just going to stay in, watch some QVC and catch up on housework.
    Everything sounds so delicious.
    I hope you had a wonderful Labor Day weekend.

    ReplyDelete