Monday, December 17, 2012

Menu Plan Monday: December 16 - 22

I'd like to get back to planning my menu more regularly. With a baby in the house and family members with food allergies, I've really gotten away from keeping to a formal grocery budget. Don't get me wrong, I still do a lot of comparison shopping and grocery-store-hopping to get the best price, but now I'm at a point that I have all of these [weird] ingredients like sorghum flour, coconut milk and chia seeds yet I'm not always sure how they are helping keep our bellies full. I'm slowly working them into our diet but I am having to learn to reinvent old favorites to be more allergy-friendly, like the chocolate chip cookies that just came out of the oven. Didn't know that you could make a gluten-/egg-/dairy-free version but I think it worked, and although they look like they are going to be a bit crumbly, they smell delicious.

Menu Plan Monday

But I digress. So, here's what I've come up with for this week:

Sunday 12/16
B: Oatmeal with Bananas & Raisins
L: Beef Roast with Vegetables, Homemade Rolls
D: Homemade Veggie Pizza (sans cheese)

Monday 12/17
B: Cinnamon Apple Oatmeal
L: Leftover Pizza
D: Stir-fry Vegetables with Beef over Rice

Tuesday 12/18
B: Cinnamon Apple Oatmeal
L: PB&J on Rice Cakes, Carrots
D: Sausage & Spinach Soup, Homemade Rolls

Wednesday 12/19
B: Oatmeal with Bananas & Walnuts
L: Leftover Soup
D: Shepherd's Pie, Salad

Thursday 12/20
B: Oatmeal with Bananas & Walnuts
L: PB&J on Rice Cakes, Carrots
D: Leftover Beef Roast, Red Cabbage

Friday 12/21
B: Oatmeal with Raisins & Almonds
L: whatever's leftover!
D: Homemade Veggie Pizza

Saturday12/22
B: Oatmeal with Blueberries
L: Five-Food Group Tuna Salad
D: Spaghetti, Salad

Snacks: Apples, Bananas, Nuts, Smoothies
Dessert: Chocolate Chip Cookies

What are you eating this week?

No comments:

Post a Comment