Monday, October 8, 2012

Recipe: Vanilla Chai Smoothie

So lately I've been having protein smoothies for lunch, usually along side some raw veggies or a green salad. My go-to's are a chocolate peanut butter smoothie and a chocolate peppermint green smoothie. Both are delicious and healthy, too. Well, the other day I experimented with this new flavor, Vanilla Chai, and loved it. Definitely go-to-worthy.

Here's how you make it:

1 mug of hot water
2 black tea bags (I used decaffeinated)
1 mug of your favorite milk (mine was flax milk because it was on sale this week!)
1 banana, ideally frozen
1 scoop vanilla protein powder (I enjoy MRM Veggie Protein)
1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
1 pinch cardamom
1 pinch cloves
1 pinch all spice
1/2 cup ice

Brew tea in hot water and let cool completely. Add cooled black tea, milk, banana, vanilla protein, spices & ice into blender. Puree until ice is crushed and drink is smooth. Slurp & enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment