Monday, October 15, 2012

Recipe: Chocolate Peppermint Green Smoothie

So I wasn't planning on writing a post today but I was drinking my lunch smoothie and I couldn't stop thinking about how delicious it was that I didn't think it would be fair to not share it with the world. Plus I promised my mom the recipe, so I had to type it up anyway (hi mom!).

This is one of those go-to smoothies I talked about. I usually make myself a protein smoothie for lunch. And then I'll eat something raw too-- sometimes it's a handful of baby carrots, other times it's a green salad or sometimes just an apple.



Recipe: Chocolate Peppermint Green Smoothie
1 1/2 bananas chopped, ideally frozen

1-2 handfuls greens (mine is a mix of spinach, bok choy & swiss chard)
1 scoop MRM Chocolate Veggie Protein 
2 cups milk (I used unsweetened almond milk)
1/4-1/2 teaspoon peppermint extract

Throw all ingredients into blender and puree until smooth, when no more protein powder can be seen. Pour into glass with a chunky straw and enjoy!

That's it. It's that simple. And did I mention how delicious it is??

No comments:

Post a Comment