Wednesday, October 10, 2012

Can you find healthy food bargains at Amelia's Grocery Outlet?

Remember how I told you I went on that after bedtime shopping venture the other night? Well my destination was Amelia's Grocery Outlet. I don't know if you have an Amelia's nearby but if you do, the verdict is out: YES, you can find healthy food bargains at Amelia's!

I went into Amelia's looking for health foods (minimal ingredients, no GMOs and some corn-free options) and I was pleasantly surprised to find a slew of options from brands like Erewhon, Garden of Eating and Enjoy Life. Because Amelia's is constantly getting new items (my store clerk told me they receive new shipments every Tuesday and Thursday), no two grocery trips will be the same. However, if you are on a tight but picky food budget like my family is, checking out Amelia's is definitely recommended.

I found all this!
Oh, yeah, and this too! It's only partly gone because I 've been using it already. The lavender is lovely!
I've put together a list of what my items cost and what they would cost at another nearby grocer. I chose Wegmans as the comparable because it is the one local grocer that I knew carried 90% of the items I purchased. Two items-- the body wash & the Enjoy Life cookie pack-- were not available at Wegmans so for the body wash I was able to find a comparable price online but for the cookies I was not. I am just going to cross the cookies off of the list.


The details:


So, the moral of the story is: if you think you can only find healthy grocery options at big, fancy grocers, health food stores or online think again. It might take a little extra work to scour outlet grocers shelves but I challenge you to give it a try-- it's worth it!

No comments:

Post a Comment