Wednesday, March 2, 2011

He makes all things new

This past weekend I was baptized. It was wonderful! It was such a great feeling to carry out something that our God commands of us, something that is in the Bible and something that is without-a-question pleasing to Him!

And ever since Sunday I can't stop thinking about the symbolism of water as a cleansing, as a way of making things new. And I got to thinking about being a parent.

If there is something we are doing that we we wish we weren't, it's not a good enough excuse to just keep doing it. We have the power to change our situations and we need to embrace that truth.

Maybe you're a working mom who wants to take that leap to being a SAHM
or 
Maybe your family is up to your ears in debt and you're ready to fight your way out of it
or 
Maybe you've got a sour relationship with a family member and you want to be reunited and say you're sorry

Let's remember that while we are all sinners and undeserving of God's mercy, He still sent His son to save us. Accepting Him gives us a "second chance" at life. What could you do with a second chance? It is within your power to turn a less than ideal situation into the ideal! We've gotta start somewhere, right?

2 comments:

  1. That is wonderful! I am so happy for you! I think Baptism is very important in letting others know that you identify with Christ in His death, burial and resurrection and letting them know what He has done for you. For me that step of obedience really helped me to start being obedient to Christ in other areas of my life as well, and He keeps showing me areas that I need to be more Christlike. Thank you for sharing. I am really enjoying your blog.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jenny, The love I have for my children is so great, it's amazing how they have become my "life". I would take a bullet for them no questions asked. With that said, I just can't begin to fathom how great God's love is for us as his children. This is something I find refreshing to reflect on at the end of the day. Especially on those frustrating days I have had with my children. I'm sure God get's just as frustrated, if not MORE with me. And yet, he is so merciful, loving, and patient. Thinking about this, actually revitalizes me for the next day, to make it better with my own children. Using his example.
    Congrats again on your baptism. It's so neat that you got baptized with Joe. Justin and I got baptized the same day too, and it made it just that more special.

    ReplyDelete