As we come up on the colder months it can be so comforting to just hunker down and stay indoors. Though I do get rammy from time to time, I generally like the idea of staying home!
One practice I try to institute on a weekly basis is some pampering time. Two things I love about my pampering hour are that I don't have to leave the house and it doesn't cost me anything.
I firmly believe that all busy moms should set aside about an hour per week to pamper themselves!
Here's what I like to do:
Draw a hot bath filled with either pretty smelling bubbles or Epsom salts. Half a cup of milk & one quarter cup of honey also works well and is super soothing for dry skin!
Read a book/magazine, turn on some relaxing music or listen to a motivational sermon or podcast.
Wash with favorite products. Use a sugar or salt scrub when necessary.
Pat dry with a towel and apply body cream on problem areas like feet, elbows and legs.
Get dressed in comfortable yet presentable clothes- something that makes you feel good! A light smelling body mist adds a nice, feminine touch.
Apply facial cleanser and moisturizer.
Follow up with whatever hygienic items necessary. I like to use deodorant powder, a simple powder foundation and creamy lip gloss.
Brush hair and style as necessary. Or don't. It's up to you! ;)
Trim and polish nails. Sometimes I just use this time to remove old polish and apply a coat of nail strengthener.
Pictured above are some of my favorite products:
- Nature's Gate Chamomile shampoo for color treated hair
- Burt's Bees clarifying toner
- Nature's Gate Lemon Verbana oil-free moisturizer
- Nivea Vanilla & Macadamia Kiss lip butter
- Bare Minerals powder foundation in fairly light
- Honey Bee Gardens deodorant powder
- Ulta Tropical Citrus body cream
- Ulta Mandarin Mint sugar scrub
- Avon Ginger Scents body spray
- Dollar General green nail polish remover (the green color works so much better than the pink and purple!)